Possible conflicts between Adguard and other programs
- VKSaver (vKontakte ads are not blocked)
- Ad Muncher (Adguard doesn't work)
- DrWeb Spider Gate (problems due to an incorrect order of program installation)
- NVidia Firewall (unexpected problems)
- Internet Download Manager (downloads are not intercepted)
- Panda Antivirus (Adguard doesn't work)
- Outpost Firewall (Web filtration stopped)
VKSaver (vKontakte ads are not blocked)
If you have VKSaver installed on your PC, Adguard won't be able to filter vKontakte pages. Unfortunately, there is no "painless" solution for this problem. We suggest doing the following as a temporary measure:
- Disable VKSaver when it's not needed,
- Use a separate browser for vKontakte.
Ad Muncher (Adguard doesn't work)
When Adguard and Ad Muncher are launched at the same time, Adguard doesn't filter traffic. Unfortunately, the only solution is to disable Ad Muncher and use Adguard only.
DrWeb Spider Gate (problems due to an incorrect order of program installation)
When both Adguard and DrWeb SpiderGate are working at the same time, problems may arise only in one case:
if DrWeb was installed after Adguard. In this case, Adguard will notify you about the problem.
There are two viable solutions.
- Open Adguard,
- Switch to the extended interface by clicking the Extended interface button in the lower left corner of the program window,
- Open the Settings section,
- Go to the Network subsection,
- Click the Disable module button next to the Traffic interception module installed label,
- Once the module is removed, its status will change and you'll see an Install button. Click it.
- Restart your browser. Your Adguard protection should be working now.
- Uninstall Adguard (for correct removal, use the procedure described here),
- Reinstall Adguard by downloading the installation file from the program site,
- Once the program is reinstalled, there shouldn't be any problems with its correct operation.
NVidia Firewall (unexpected problems)
Unfortunately, the problems caused by the simultaneous work of Adguard and NVidia Firewall are completely unpredictable. We recommend removing NVidia Firewall to avoid them. Do do this, follow these instructions:
- Click Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- If you are using Windows XP, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, click the Uninstall a program link.
- Wait for the list of programs to be populated.
- Find NVidia Firewall or NVidia Application Filter on the list.
- Click the Uninstall button.
Internet Download Manager (downloads are not intercepted)
If you want Internet Download Manager to intercept downloads when Adguard protection is on, do the following:
- Open the Internet Download Manager window
- Go to the "Downloads" menu
- Select "Settings"
- Go to the "General" tab
- Make sure that the "Use extended browser integration" option is checked
- Click the "Add browser" button
- Select Adguard.exe in the Adguard installation folder (if you are using the economy mode, select Adguard.Agent.exe)
- Click "Open"
- Once configured this way, IDM will intercept downloads from any browser.
Panda Antivirus (Adguard doesn't work)
This problem occurs with the entire Panda family of products (Antivirus, Internet Security, Global Protection). When Aguard and Panda Antivirus are working at the same time, Adguard cannot filter traffic.
Solution. Use Adguard as an HTTP proxy. Do the following:
- Open the Adguard window.
- Switch to the extended interface (a button in the lower left corner of the window).
- Go to the Settings - Network subsection.
- Enable the No proxy option in the Proxy configuration section. This is important - otherwise, Adguard will use system proxy settings that, in turn, will use itself as a proxy.
- Enable the Use Adguard as an HTTP proxy option in the Traffic filtration section.
- In the text field below, enter any number between 8000 and 65535.
For instance, 43987.
Now, if you want your browser to use Adguard as an HTTP-прокси, go to its settings and set the proxy address to 127.0.0.1:43987.
Each browser has its own proxy settings, but Windows allows you to set a system-wide HTTP proxy (used by default by all browsers). To do this, follow these instructions:
- (for Windows Vista/7) Type inetcpl.cpl and launch the found file.
- (for Windows XP) Click Run, type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- Click the Network settings button.
- Check the Use a proxy server... option.
- Click Advanced.
- Uncheck the One proxy server for all protocols option.
- Delete everything from all text fields, except the top ones (the ones opposite to HTTP).
- Click ОК.
Outpost Firewall (Web filtration stopped)
This problem occurs with the entire Agnitim Outpost family of products. When Aguard and Outpost Firewall are working at the same time, Adguard cannot filter traffic. A solution for this problem:
- Uninstall Adguard
- In Outpost's settings set Allow all activities for Adguard's setup file - adguardinstaller.exe.
- Click with right mouse button on Outpost's icon in tray and choose Suspend Protection... until restart.
- Launch Adguard's setup file
- Restart your system after installation
Didn't find an answer to your question? Contact us.