This is huge! AdGuard 3.0 for iOS has lots of new things that should get you excited! DNS Privacy module, custom filters and max limit count raised to 250k ー we have enough topics to talk about!
[Improved] Safari content blocker max rule count raised to 250k #819
Safari is notoriously known for its harsh 50k max limit for filtering rules in content blockers. This number is laughably low, and for ages we were struggling with it. Now we've implemented a workaround: split AdGuard into five content blockers. Each of them has the same 50k restriction but in total they add up to a reasonable 250k rules max. You don't have to seek weird compromises anymore and can enable all your favorite filters!
[Added] "DNS Privacy" settings section #887
This section should look familiar to seasoned AdGuard Pro users. Basically, this is where you have a chance to configure DNS settings the way you like it ー and further protect your privacy along the way. The main difference to the Pro version is that there's no blacklist or whitelist here, this was impossible under the current Apple policy. However, there is a requests log that will provide you information about everything that's going on on your device.
[Added] An option to import custom filters by URL #518
This option will be very useful for those who support their own filters, or just have a favorite filter that wasn't included by default. Add it by URL and it will be kept updated just as any other filter!
- [Added] "Restart tunnel on network change" setting #1039
- [Fixed] DNS Privacy switch is on after VPN configuration is deleted from iOS settings #946
- [Fixed] Filters update error #930
- [Improved] Support for DNS64 / NAT64 networks has been added #796
- [Added] An option to pause video guides #863
- [Changed] Tutorial videos has been slowed down a bit #826
- [Added] A forwarder for Adguard website links #783
We are lucky to have a lot of amazing volunteers who help us translate AdGuard into various languages. Thanks to their efforts we were able to improve the existing localizations and even add a new one — AdGuard is now available in Japanese!
- [Improved] Translations have been updated
Hello! This is a very small update. We updated the translations (thanks to all the volunteers by the way!) and added a "Rate me" dialog window. If you've always wanted to give us 5 stars, but just keep forgetting — this change is for you! :) Seriously though, just swipe the dialog away if you don't feel like rating the app, and it won't bother you again.
- [Added] "Rate me" dialog #751
- [Improved] Translations has been updated
Hello! Some iOS 9 users may have encountered certain troubles after the previous update. We fixed the related issues in this hotfix, so please update! Users of newer iOS versions can update too, there's no harm in that :)
Usually we update both AdGuard and AdGuard Pro for iOS simultaneously, but not this time. Don't worry — the new version of AdGuard for iOS has arrived, and it features new design, web reporting tool integration and more.
[Changed] App redesign #455
This is undoubtedly the first thing you will notice when you run the app after the update. Light theme has been discontinued in favor of a dark one, and the overall style of the menu has changed.
[Added] Detect if Content Blocker is not enabled in Safari settings #437
Enabling AdGuard Content blocker in Safari settings is required to have filtering going on in Safari. If AdGuard is disabled, the red warning will appear at the top of the main screen to remind you to enable the Content Blocker. The video right below it shows how to do so.
[Added] Integration with the web reporting tool #533
You may have heard about the online reporting tool before, especially if you are an AdGuard for Windows or AdGuard extension user. Basically, it is a web form to report missed ads, false positives or any other issues caused by AdGuard filters. Now it is integrated with AdGuard for iOS, so whenever you report a problem, the app will automatically prefill all the required fields about its settings.
- [Added] "Learn about other AdGuard products" item to the "RATE AND SHARE" block #641
- [Improved] Tutorial videos have been updated #539
- [Improved] AdGuard now uses default iOS Sharing functionality #590
- [Changed] “Send Bug Report” menu item has been reworked #649
- [Fixed] Error while loading filters into Safari #550
- [Improved] Translations has been updated
[Changed] Assistant in the Safari extension #469
We have unified the Assistant code, so that it’s the same across the board now: AdGuard for Windows, Mac and iOS, browser extensions, you name it. While at it, we have changed the exterior a bit (hopefully, for the better). As a side effect, there’s temporarily no ‘Preview’ option, but it will be added in the next version.
[Added] Inverted whitelist #431
This is a quite narrow option, but some users will definitely find it useful. By inverting the whitelist (which you can do in the Advanced settings, by the way) you will switch AdGuard into a special mode that doesn’t block ads anywhere by default, but filters all websites that you add to this list. The inverted whitelist is independent from the regular whitelist, so you can have them both configured as you find appropriate and switch between the modes depending on your current goals.
[Improved] Added scaling support for iPhone X (18:9) #513
Upon the release of iPhone X some of AdGuard interface panels looked pretty ugly. We had to do some work to make it look smooth and natural for all those lucky owners of the newest Apple flagship device :)
- [Fixed] Keyboard covers up text field in custom filters #505
- [Changed] Localizations have been updated
This is a rather small update. A couple of important fixes like broken filter search, several minor UI changes + updated translations.
- [Added] A build number to About screen #406
- [Added] "Filter rules syntax" link to the User filter #375
- [Fixed] Filter search doesn't work #388
- [Fixed] Not able to report a missed ad in Safari #394
- [Fixed] Sometimes Adguard сrashes when you open advanced settings #451
- [Fixed] Incorrect warning message on the main screen about the filters conversion error #414
- [Improved] The translations have been updated #427