Cet article parle de AdGuard pour Android, un bloqueur de contenus multifonctionnel qui protège votre appareil au niveau du système. To see how it works, download the AdGuard app
Dans cet article, nous vous guiderons le long du processus de collecte des journaux de débogage, une étape de dépannage essentielle pour résoudre les problèmes complexes qui peuvent survenir. Debug logs provide detailed insight into the inner workings of AdGuard for Android. If the AdGuard support team asks you to provide debug logs, simply follow these instructions.
Collecting debug log
To collect debug log and send it to us you need to perform following steps:
- Go to Settings → General → Advanced.
- Tap Logging level and set it to Debug.
- Reproduce the problem and try to remember the exact time it occurred.
- Wait a while, then return to Settings and choose the Support tab. Tap Report a bug and complete the required fields. Don't forget to check the Send app logs and system info checkbox. Finally tap Send.
If you're interested in following the resolution of your issue and engaging in a dialogue with the developers, we recommend that you take the following steps after completing the first three:
- Wait a while, then return to the Advanced screen and export logs via Export logs and system info. Then report a bug on GitHub by following these instructions.
- After creating an issue on GitHub, send the log file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the time of the bug and attach a link to your issue or its number (it appears as #number next to the title). Alternatively, you can upload the log file to Google Drive and send it to email@example.com. Add the file link to your GitHub issue