Adguard for Windows version 6.1.298
This version should be considered as a revision of the Adguard for Windows 6.1 release. This is why you will not spot many 'major' changes - mostly bugfixes, small changes, improvements etc. More drastic changes will come eventually with 6.2 version.
[Added] $important modifier #1312
This new addition is an important one (no pun intended), but mostly relevant for creators of custom filter rules. With it's help you can give certain rules higher priority.
- [Changed] Several apps and browsers added to the list of apps filtered by default #1230, #1236, #1274, #1280, #1344, #1347
- [Fixed] Inconsistent $replace result #1358
- [Fixed] Adguard now filters pages with Content-Type:application/xhtml #571
- [Fixed] HTTPS exceptions do not cover subdomains #1317
- [Fixed] $replace rule can now be applied along with the other rules #640
- [Improved] Filters update check period is now customizable #941
- [Improved] Adguard now can partially block encrypted ads without decrypting SSL protocol (if HTTPs filtering is disabled) #1233
- [Changed] Switched to the DigiCert certificate #1268
- [Changed] WoSign and StartCom certificates became unstrusted #1359
- [Changed] Proxy mode will use IPv4 address when it is available from now on #1323
- [Fixed] CSP is now handled in meta tags #797
- [Fixed] Issue with invalid HTML #1222
- [Fixed] "iframe" elements are not removed from the page code #1245
- [Fixed] Adguard.Tools.exe heavy CPU load issue #1229
- [Fixed] Opera dev ad blocker compatibility issue with Adguard Assistant #1173
- [Fixed] Opera built-in VPN compatibility issue #1116
- [Fixed] Certificate validity check order #1277
- [Fixed] SSL exceptions aren't deleted on network API reinit #1304
- [Fixed] Adguard code is injected into a non-HTML document #1316
- [Fixed] WFP driver impacting DPC latency #1156
- [Fixed] $empty modifier behaviour #1360
- [Fixed] Stealth mode ignores $stealth exception #1362
- [Fixed] Inability to apply inline style #1331
- [Fixed] An empty 'style' tag is added even if there's no element hiding #1336
- [Fixed] $replace modifier breaks content charset #1378
- [Fixed] Adsbypasser and some other userscripts do not work properly #1363
- [Fixed] "Enable safe search" function in Parental Control breaks Google #1383
- [Fixed] Adguard doesn't filter HTTPs when Fiddler is switched on and in "decode https" mode #1372
- [Fixed] Adding a URL to temporary HTTPs exceptions is suppressed now when connection is closed from the server side #1341
- [Fixed] 'access-control-allow-origin' header console error #1381
- [Improved] HTTPS is now used for safebrowsing service requests #1386
- [Improved] Encrypted connection is used now with api.adguard.com #1369
- [Improved] Adguard styles are now protected from removing #1272
- [Improved] Content type detection #1264
- [Improved] Content injection algorithm was reworked #1099, #1305
[Changed] WOT extension is now disabled by default #1364
Recently, an article was posted in one of the popular technology blogs, claiming that Web of Trust is selling its users' browser history to third-parties. WoT extension is preinstalled in Adguard for Windows, and although it was developed by us and is not sending any of your data to WoT, we can not leave this without a reponse. For this reason we make WoT extension disabled by default in Adguard for Windows. You can read our official stance regarding these news in our blog.
- [Changed] You can now completely remove WoT extension #1364
- [Changed] Unnecessary text in 'Import rules' dialog window is removed #1349
- [Fixed] Filter's name isn't copied with the rest of request details #1318
- [Fixed] Button size issue on the last step of Adguard wizard #1352
- [Fixed] Adguard crashes if you try to close UI while editing a filter rule #1258
- [Fixed] $replace rule is shown as applied to images #1392
- [Fixed] Deleted records from HTTPs exclusions are not restored on app update anymore #904
Many other minor fixes and changes. The full list can be found in descriptions to prior beta versions in our repository on GitHub.
Adguard for Android version 2.8.67
Finally, it's time for Adguard for Android 2.8 to come to light! It brings the ad blocking quality to the next level with several big novelties such as Simplified domain names filter or extended CSS support. Many new low-level settings will allow advanced users to customize app to their liking, and for all the rest we bring quite a few quality of life improvements and bugfixes. We hope everyone finds something useful in the new Adguard for Android version.
[Added] Support for Extended CSS and Extended Selectors #810
Extended CSS support is a very important addition in terms of future (and present) possibilities that it opens for ad blocking. Extended CSS is a module for applying CSS styles with extended selection properties. Basically, it means that we will be able to select and, therefore, block some elements that we would not be able to block otherwise. Currently we support following pseudo-classes: -ext-has ( :has ), -ext-contains ( :contains ), -ext-matches-css ( :matches-css ).
'Extended selector' is a technical term, but what hides behind it? With extended selectors support, we can much more easily create some rules that were very, very hard to create earlier. Notably, this concerns rules required to block such things as 'Sponsored posts' on Facebook.
[Added] Simplified domain names filter #876
Fresh addition to the Adguard filters family. Simplified domain names filter is composed of several filters (English filter, Social media filter, Spyware filter, Mobile ads filter, EasyList and EasyPrivacy), modified for better DNS filtering. It blocks ads and trackers wherever it is possible to indicate own DNS addresses. Note that it will block the whole domains and not the specific URLs. You can learn more about DNS blocking by visiting our website adguard.com.
[Changed] "Filter DNS requests" feature is now available for non-premium users #875
With Adguard DNS introduced and being free, there is no point in keeping this Adguard for Android feature paid. Now it will be equally accessible for all users alike. There is still plenty of good stuff in the Premium version of the app :)
[Added] pref.root.clear.youtube low-level flag #907
This option will allow rooted users to automate removing Youtube app data, which appears to be crucial for blocking ads in it. By the way, in one of the recent articles in our blog you can find a detailed guide to blocking ads in YouTube app.
- [Added] 'pref.filtered.ports' added to low level settings - advanced users can now add new ports to filter #796
- [Added] $websocket content type modifier - it will enable to use rules written exclusively for WebSocket connections #801
- [Added] $important rule modifier #833
- [Added] Latvian filter list #730
- [Added] List-KR filter list #756
- [Added] A new low-level setting: "pref.boot.startup.delay" #776
- [Changed] Multiple browsers added to the list of browsers filtered by default #757, #808, #862, #922
- [Fixed] $replace rules can now be applied along with other filtering rules #844
- [Fixed] $app modifier is ignored when HTML content is being filtered #921
- [Fixed] HTML filtering rules with wildcard attribute can not be parsed #917
- [Improved] Users are now allowed to select filters update check period #746
- [Improved] Increased content filtering rules maximum length limit #590
- [Improved] HAR file writer, which is used for debugging purposes #784
- [Improved] QUIC-connections blocking for the Chrome browser #766
[Added] pref.vpn.ipv4.bypass low-level setting #909
If this option is enabled, Adguard will ignore all IPv4 connections. This might appear wierd and unnecessary, but in reality it allows to use Adguard as a 'DNS-level' ad blocker. You only need to enable the following options: pref.vpn.ipv4.bypass, pref.vpn.ipv6.bypass, DNS requests filtering and Adguard DNS filter (the latter is not crucial, but will help immensely with blocking ads in browsers). Adguard will cease filtering other apps' traffic, and will only block ad domains on the DNS requests level. As a result, ad blocking quality will drop and Firewall functionality will not be available, but also there will be close to zero performance penalty.
- [Added] VPN restart feature #733
- [Changed] Updated default SSL whitelist #843, #848
- [Changed] Protection is now paused automatically when Bluetooth tethering is detected #791
- [Changed] IPv4 connections now have priority over IPv6 connections #802
- [Changed] New server is now used for filters #863
- [Changed] The way Adguard blocks IPv6 #853
- [Fixed] Wi-Fi calling for AT&T #817
- [Fixed] Crash due to "Too many open files" error #834
- [Fixed] ENOBUFS error while writing to the TUN #724
- [Fixed] SOCKS 5 proxy blocks internet traffic #660
- [Fixed] Error processing HTTP/2 requests #850
- [Fixed] HTTPS connections with some upstream HTTP proxy #839
- [Fixed] "Operation not permitted" error while processing UDP connection #840
- [Fixed] Issue with traffic slipping through firewall #765
- [Improved] HTTPS is now used for safebrowsing service requests #912
- [Improved] Adguard styles are now protected from removal #913
- [Improved] Adguard automatically detects when Adguard's certificate is moved to system certificate storage (Helps with https filtering in Android N+) #755
- [Added] 'Installation date' to the app details screen #794
- [Added] A Quick Settings tile for Android N and up #767
- [Added] A low level switch to enforce "protection paused" notification to be visible even when notification icon mode is set to 'None' #838
- [Changed] Some localizations were updated #919
- [Changed] Filtering methods explanations were updated #136
- [Changed] IME (typing) mode for adding/importing custom rules dialogs #835
- [Changed] System packages list is added to the "Tech info" section of "Android OS" details screen #857
- [Changed] Apps Management screen is automatically updated when new app is installed - no need to restart Adguard anymore #747
- [Changed] 'Apps and Statistics' section renamed to 'Apps Management' and brought to the main menu #823
- [Fixed] Time format on main screen now follows system settings #819
- [Fixed] Unnecessary exception is logged #854
- [Improved] Filter editor now recognizes lines starting with "!" as commentaries in user-imported filters #759
Minor and compatibility issues
Lots of other minor issues and compatibility fixes. The full list can be found in our GitHub repository inside the descriptions of previous beta versions.
Adguard for Windows version 6.1.258
Briefly about new Adguard for Windows version: Stealth Mode got new useful options, userscripts work better now, ad blocking became more advanced and our network drivers - more stable. All the details are below.
[Added] "Self destructing cookies" option in Stealth Mode #678
Previously Stealth Mode module provided only the option to completely block third-party cookies. Now you will not only have an ability to differ first- and third-party cookies, but also the ability to set the exact time which cookies will be kept alive for. Important note: you can still block cookies alltogether, just set the keep-alive time to '0'.
[Added] Added an option to block "Browser location API" #139
[Added] Added an option to block "Browser notifications API" #1121
Normally browsers may detect your location and use this information to prioritize specific search results or make other various suggestions based on it. With browser location API blocked this will be impossible.
Blocking browser notifications API feature works somewhat similar, but rather prevents browser from showing things like news or social media frames that pop-up in the corner of your browser.
[Improved] Content injection algorithm #1099
We completely redesigned content injection algorithm. First and foremost, this should solve issues with scripts that start when the page opens, resolve some of the known conflicts (AdsBypasser, YouTube+), and also optimize usage of scripts and ad blocker styles. Overall, a technical, but very important change.
[Added] Userscripts handling #1172
We adopted a new way of handling user.js (userscript) files. Now Adguard will automatically detect when user.js file was processed. If it is a valid userscript, Adguard will open a dialog window, offering user to install it. Of course, this setting will be optional and possible to turn off through settings.
We continue to make Adguard more easily accessible for users all over the world. This time we add two more new localizations and fix some mistakes in already existing ones.
[Improved] Network SDK was updated #1179
In reality, this implies many various fixes that concern our network drivers. It would be hard to list them all here, and most of them are rather technical anyway. For example, the WFP driver - Windows Defender compatibility issue was addressed.
[Added] Support for extended selectors #1225
This is a technical term, but what hides behind it? With extended selectors support, we can much more easily create some rules that were very, very hard to create earlier. Notably, this concerns rules required to block such things as 'Sponsored posts' on Facebook.
[Added] Extended CSS support https://github.com/AdguardTeam/ExtendedCss
This is a very important addition in terms of future (and present) possibilities that it opens for ad blocking. Extended CSS is a module for applying CSS styles with extended selection properties. Basically, it means that we will be able to select and, therefore, block some elements that we would not be able to block otherwise. Currently we support following pseudo-classes: -ext-has (:has), -ext-contains (:contains), [-ext-matches-css (:matches-css).
Dozens of minor fixes and improvements.
Adguard for Android version 2.7.220
Hi! We can't wait to tell you about new Adguard for Android version!
It has a little bit for everyone. If you like to have everything under control and customize filtering for every app, check out new settings section - 'Apps & Statistics'. It is much easier now to make your apps behave exactly as you want them to.
For custom filter rules enthusiasts we have a new modifier: $app. Create rules that affect only one specific app, or all other apps except for it.
Those who use Android N devices will save a lot of nerves now - new version of Adguard automatically detects if an app is created specifically for Android N, which allows to avoid many problems (this affects some other potentially problematic apps too).
And everybody will notice a general increase in quality. Many bugs were fixed, many useful changes were made. All details are in the changelog below.
[Added] ‘Apps & Statistics’ settings section #633
We decided to seriously redesign our Firewall section. There will be no more ‘Apps & Settings’ sub-section inside ‘Firewall’. Instead, we introduce a whole new first-level section named ‘Apps & Statistics’. It very much resembles the now gone ‘Apps & Settings’ but has some differences. For example, we got rid of ‘global’ switches - these buttons were too misleading.
Also, you can now disable network access when the screen is off, and you can configure it for each app separately. Not only new connections are not allowed when this option is enabled, but also all existing connections are terminated when the screen goes off.
Another big change is disposal of exclusions lists. Now you can simply add an app to exceptions through the ‘Apps and Statistics’ screen. There are other changes too, and we will not list them all here. We believe the new layout is more intuitive and you will have no troubles navigating through it.
Important note: this is not yet a big redesign we plan to do in Adguard 3.0. Only the tip of the iceberg :)
- [Added] An option to browse for a file to import user filter #120
- [Added] A notification to inform user of expiring license #606
- [Added] New localizations: Slovak & Norwegian Bokmål #688, #717
- [Changed] Disabled vibration and sound for Adguard notifications #205
- [Changed] Instead of stopping protection on settings change, a toast message is showed #667
- [Changed] When user changes default firewall settings, ask him if he wants to reset per-app settings #675
- [Changed] Show notification when VPN is revoked #672
- [Changed] Adguard now counts DNS traffic towards a special “virtual” package named “DNS” #668
- [Changed] Made some minor UI enhancements #684, #685, #687, #692, #697, #698, #700, #721, #726
- [Fixed] Adguard closes if you swipe it with ‘No icon’ notification setting #662
- [Fixed] An issue with Samsung’s buggy firmware (messed notification sounds) #716
- [Improved] Premium features description #669
- [Improved] UI accessibility for a visually impaired users #519
[Added] $app modifier #544
This modifier will be useful for advanced users who create their own custom rules. It allows both blocking ads in a specific app and blocking ads everywhere except for that app. For example, Facebook uses same domains for both ads and useful stuff. This modifier allows to block facebook ads in other apps without breaking the Facebook app itself.
[Fixed] Detect if app targets Android N #653
Due to Android N security policy, HTTPs filtering is impossible for apps developed specifically for Android N, or other apps where user-installed certificates are not trusted. Previously that could lead to errors and app crashes. Now Adguard detects if app targets Android N and does not filter HTTPS for such apps.
- [Added] RoList filter to the list of supported filters #523
- [Changed] Several browsers were added to the list of filtered by default #708, #731
- [Fixed] Disabling filtering for “Android OS” now fully excludes OS packages from the VPN #732
- [Improved] Added support for the :style pseudo class syntax #701
- [Improved] Modified $empty modificator behavior to improve filtering #677
- [Improved] Increased content filtering rules maximum length limit #590
- [Changed] Allowed DNS requests for root user #535
- [Fixed] An issue when allowed apps couldn’t connect when DNS was blocked #714, #720
- [Fixed] SSL whitelist no more can be applied to random domains #738
- [Fixed] Resolved shadowing of our Apache commons classes by old versions shipped in Android #709
- [Improved] All our requests are now more secure with SSL/TLS #611
From now on it will be much easier for users to add any app to exclusions. No need to go to low-level settings anymore, just open the apps screen in ‘Apps and Statistics’ and add it to exclusions from there.
Following compatibility issues were fixed:
- Ad blocking interferes with videos in Mail.ru news app #711
- Upload doesn’t work for Yandex Disk #736
- Samsung Battery Saving mode #378, #656
- HTC battery optimization #536
- Sync for Reddit app #645
- Cortana voice app #661
- Lazada app #680
- Smart appointments in Google Calendar #658
Following apps were added to exclusions due to problems caused by filtering:
Idealo, Mountainview, Itau, Yik Yak, Box, Jet, MeetMe, MoovIt, Waze, Prisma, Grindr, Romeo Uncut, SwiftKey, S Voice, Goes, NU.nl, com.samsung.syncservice, Coursera, Astana Bank, Google Now, Yandex Navigator, Heetch, TomTom Go Mobile, Amazon apps, some banking apps
Adguard for Mac version 1.3.0
Hello! Last Adguard for Mac version was released in February, so we felt a bit guilty and decided to release a new one :) There is quite a bit of various fixes and changes here, as you can see in the changelog below, but the most important, or rather the most impactful ones, are those that affect performance - specifically, we mean #88 and #91 (you can find more detailed description for these changes below). Overall, Adguard will become faster now, and thanks to the better performance, Adguard will now consume significantly less battery resourse. But not only that, for example, we drastically improved browsing of some of the most problematic websites when IPv6 is enabled (#93).
[Improved] Basic filtering rules processing speed was optimized #91
Optimizing basic filtering rules processing is very important since basic rules are the most resourse-consuming among all. This change will result in Adguard working faster and spending less resourses.
- [Changed] $replace rules now have higher priority than other basic rules #49
- [Changed] Origin is used as Referer for requests Referer isn't defined for #84
- [Fixed] Adguard crash because of huge data: URLs #81
- [Fixed] Adguard does not ignore "base" tag "href " attribute while constructing absolute URL any more #80
- [Fixed] Websites can't be broken any more because of invalid HTML inside a "noscript" tag #79
- [Fixed] Error previously occuring when parsing a style tag with embedded svg #76
- [Fixed] Adguard can now detect HTML if there is an xml declaration at the document start #83
- [Fixed] Wrong HTML content detection #71
- [Fixed] twitch.tv filtering issue #105
- [Improved] Increase content filtering rules maximum length limit #101
[Changed] Connections are not kept alive for too long now if 'HTTP keep alive' timeout is specified #88
Previously the 'keep-alive' time for connections was higher, and Adguard consumed more battery resourse than it should. Now, when we lowered the connections 'keep-alive' time, the resourse consumption during the 'idle time' will be significantly lower as well.
- [Changed] Webdav methods are supported now (specifically REPORT) #85
- [Changed] Rewritten mechanism of checking the websites availability #93
- [Fixed] After blocking a POST request, next request is read only when data was read to end #68
- [Fixed] Adguard prevents UDP traffic on 443 port #90
- [Fixed] Adguard fails to detect HTML on some websites #100
[Added] A notification that is shown if user unchecks the "Filter https protocol" box #65
Languages and Translations
[Added] Finnish language #63
- [Added] Support for complex language codes #78
- [Changed] Increase idle connection timeout to 10 minutes #102
- [Fixed] Problem with Adguard start after motherboard replacement #77
- [Fixed] Wrong information in Adguard's filtering log #75
- [Fixed] Added description of the status code in filtered HTTP response #74
- [Fixed] Spelling issue #73
- [Fixed] Occasional app crash when user attempts to view Adguard Program Log #66
- [Fixed] Apps crash #67
- [Fixed] Adguards code is no more injected into noscript tag #64
- [Fixed] Major battery resourse consumption on Mac #52
Adguard for Android version 2.6.108
It feels like we were releasing version 2.5 just yesterday, and yet we are ready to present to you a new one: Adguard for Android v.2.6!
You will find quite a lot of improvements and new features there. Last version introduced HTTPs filtering, and in this one we made it faster by A LOT :) Now it is so much faster and more stable.
Also, our users get the ability to configure which DNS servers to use with DNS filtering, compatibility with other apps is improved, UI unergoes some tweaks, new filters are added to make filtering more comfortable... and much more!
[Added] Annoyances filter: #594
We have decided to create a new separate filter for irritating elements that disturb users or interfere with web surfing. As you may know, we already have a Social media filter that removes numerous social media widgets and different buttons – “Like”, “Share”, “Tweet” etc. (we are sure you have noticed how many of them are on certain websites). Our new filter will go further in making your surfing even more comfortable. You can learn more about it in our blog: https://blog.adguard.com/en/adguard-news/annoyances-filter.html
[Added] Custom DNS servers: #139
With Adguard you can now override system DNS settings and use any DNS servers you like. Just as with proxy settings, Android does not allow you to do it when you are on mobile data, so Adguard is your only option. To do it: go to Settings - Advanced - Low-level settings - tap pref.vpn.dns and enter preferred DNS servers addresses (one per line).
- [Added] Korean Adblock list: #556
- [Added] Fanboy’s Swedish filter: #627
- [Added] Fanboy’s Vietnamese filter: #589
- [Added] LastPass app added to the browsers list: #476
- [Fixed] Improved ad blocking in Youtube app: #573
- [Fixed] Adguard fails to detect HTML on some websites: #554
[Added] Upstream proxy settings: #51
One of the most asked questions about Adguard is “can I use it with another VPN?”. The usual answer was “no, you can’t have two VPN running together (unless you have root and use AG in proxy mode)”. We are very excited to announce that we have brought a new solution suitable for non-rooted devices. Does this allow you to use two VPNs at the same time? No, unfortunately this is still impossible. However, most popular VPN providers allow you to use proxy instead and that’s what you can do now with Adguard. For instance, if you are a PIA VPN user, you now can setup Adguard to use their SOCKS5 proxy. Learn more about it here (scroll down until you see “SOCKS5 proxy” link). You may want to use TOR along with Adguard and it is also possible now! Here is a short instruction on how to setup Adguard to work with Orbot: Proxy with Tor.
- Run Orbot.
- Open Adguard.
- Go to Settings - Advanced, open Proxy settings.
- Select SOCKS4 proxy type, set host to 127.0.0.1 and port to 9050.
- That’s it, run Adguard protection and all your traffic is now going through TOR.
One more thing worth noticing is that Adguard is currently the only way to use proxy when you are on mobile data. Otherwise Android just does not provide such possibility.
[Added] New low-level setting allowing to block IPv6 traffic in Proxy+Auto filtering mode: #601
It appears that in Proxy+Auto mode Adguard cannot filter IPv6 traffic. As a temporary solution we’ve introduced new low-level setting “pref.proxy.block.ipv6” allowing to block IPv6 traffic to public networks. It is disabled by default, so if you have IPv6 offered by your ISP, you may want to enable it.
[Added] Low level switch for AG to dump HTTP/HTTPs content to a file: #502
This switch will be very useful to filters developers and enthusiasts. Adguard saves HTTP(s) requests in a HAR (http archive) v1.2 format which can be easily analyzed with a Fiddler app: #502
[Improved] HTTPs filtering performance: #501
Another popular question was about download speed drop over HTTPs. HTTPs filtering is a heavy operation, so that was expected. What was unexpected to us is that some services like Google Play may download apps over HTTPs. So, we have greatly optimized the filtering speed. On our test device it has showed an increase in 5-10 times!
- [Changed] Updated default https exclusions list (almost 1k domains there now): #579
- [Fixed] Do not start VPN when another VPN is in use: #527
- [Fixed] Wi-Fi calling in UK EE network does not function if Adguard is active: #582
- [Fixed] No HTTPs filtering of Google domains in Chrome browser: #365
- [Fixed] Empty ad placeholders are visible in some apps with HTTPS filtering enabled: #402
- [Fixed] Adguard does not block connections when an app switches to SSL 3.0: #562
- [Fixed] Some apps repeat ad requests every second (Play music issue): #511
- [Fixed] HTTPs filtering does not work for Google domains (Android N): #486
- [Fixed] Error generating certificate for certificates w/o alternative name: #548
- [Fixed] Added workaround for update procedure on Android N #634
- [Fixed] Not starting VPN service on quick network change #636
- [Added] Default language is now “System” (just uses the system language even if you change it): #131
- [Added] Added Adguard shortcut for fast enabling or disabling Adguard: #481
- [Added] Show warning when user tries to set notification icon to “None”: #497
- [Changed] 1-place widget appearance: #481
- [Fixed] An issue with Adguard shortcut opening app UI: #610
- [Fixed] Tethering “conflict” notification is shown every time: #503
- [Fixed] Statistics detalization for low-res devices: #525
- [Fixed] Dialog windows width: #557
- [Fixed] Accessibility problem for visually impaired users: #519
- [Fixed] Aliexpress: #615
- [Fixed] Yandex Navi and Maps: #447
- [Fixed] Wire: #517
- [Fixed] Sberbank and manual proxy mode: #545
- [Fixed] Adwords app: #327
- [Fixed] Outlook mobile app: #560
- [Fixed] Openbank: #504
- [Fixed] Samsung Theme Store: #571
- [Fixed] SimpleNote sync: #540
- [Fixed] Wawa: #543
- [Fixed] Yelp (cannot complete a transaction): #603
- [Fixed] PrivatBank: #567
- [Fixed] Angry Birds Friends: #546
- [Fixed] HERE Maps: #530
- [Fixed] FarPost Кино: #529
Adguard for Android version 2.5.196
Not so long ago we announced a soon-to-come release of new Adguard for Android version, and we keep our promise by pushing out Adguard 2.5 today. Lots of new features and bugfixes are awaiting you, and some of them are HUGE. If you keep track of our blog, or forum, you already know that the killer news of this release is adding the HTTPS filtering. And yes, that means no more ads in YouTube, Facebook or Twitter - you name it. But there are other reasons to get excited besides it. Read on to find out what are they.
Previously, ads which are loaded using HTTPS were ignored. Now Adguard can filter HTTPS protocol, which means that all such ads will be blocked. And these ads appear at many websites and apps - we already mentioned some of them above. To enable HTTPS filtering, simply go to Adguard settings -> HTTPS filtering. Put checkmark besides 'Install certificate' checbox to install certificate, then enable 'Filter HTTPS connections' - all is ready now.
The upside of this is obviously huge, but there are a couple of drawbacks as well:
1. You will need to set a password or a lockscreen pattern. This is a system requirement with no workarounds.
2. You will get a 'Network may be monitored' notification after enabling HTTPS filtering and after each device reboot. This notification, however, can be swiped away.
HTTPS filtering works in two modes. By default, Adguard will filter all HTTPS connections to all domains, except for domains from the whitelist. The other mode allows you to filter HTTPS connections to the domains from the blacklist only. We recommend blacklist mode for those with older smartphones and tablets, as filtering all HTTPS connections can possibly cause performance drop.
Privacy and security
From the beginning, the main goal of HTTPS was to secure your data that you transfer via network. We take privacy and security issues very seriously, and that's why we spent a lot of time to make sure you will not lose HTTPS advantages while filtering HTTPS protocol.
1. Your network traffic remains encrypted (because all the filtering happens inside your device).
2. Adguard checks server certificates by itself, and with any hint of danger filtering of this connection will be ceased.
3. Adguard is not affected by any SSL vulnerabilities which year 2015 was so rich of (it can be verified on SSL labs).
4. By default Adguard doesn't filter connections with known bank domains and other websites with personal info. Since this beta we fixed a lot of bugs concerning HTTPS filtering.
For those who want full control and maximum security, blacklist filtering mode will probably suit more than default whitelist mode.
- [Added] New material icon #203
- [Improved] Statistics detalization #48
- [Changed] "Rate App" button was returned to "About" view in Amazon build #232
- [Fixed] Changed selected text background in the Low level settings to differ from text color #260
[Changed] In Android 6.0 Adguard now automatically pauses protection in the battery saver mode (unless battery optimization is disabled for Adguard app) #247
We feel this is an important change. When Android is switched to power saving mode, all apps are cut off from internet. But Adguard VPN was still alive and receiving all the packets from these apps. Now we simply disable protection for the duration of power saving mode. When battery saver mode is off, we automatically enable protection back.
- [Added] $replace modifier for basic rules #239
- [Changed] $popup rules are applied to "redirect" responses now #281
- [Changed] Optimized filtering speed #470
- [Fixed] Adguard filters "application/xhtml" pages now #477
- [Fixed] Issue with parser building wrong absolute URL #442
Added various language-specific and other filters:
- [Added] "Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek" filter #420
- [Added] Polish cookies filter #354
- [Added] Persian/Farsi list #296
- [Added] Finnish filter #293
- [Added] Greek AdBlock filter #282
- [Added] Bulgarian filter #259
- [Added] Estonian filter #468
- [Fixed] Telegram app #294
- [Fixed] Yandex.Navigator #278
- [Fixed] Sleipnir Mobile added to the browsers list #316
- [Fixed] VIA browser added to the browsers list #381
- [Fixed] Fixed Nimbus Note app sync issue #364
- [Fixed] Zoiper and CSipSimple apps #422
- [Fixed] Several banking apps were added to exceptions list #414, #397
- [Fixed] IP Cam Viewer Pro #321
- [Fixed] LiveJournal app #144
- [Fixed] SK Telecom's SMS and MMS apps #412
- [Fixed] Nekto Me app #374
- [Fixed] GoPro app compatibility with VPN #495
- [Fixed] Disa app #499
Languages and translations
Added localizations to various languages:
- [Added] Finnish language #293
- [Added] Hungarian language #309
- [Added] Chinese Traditional language #277
- [Added] Bulgarian language #444
- [Added] Croatian language #494
- [Added] Vietnamese language #493
- [Added] Dutch language #500
- [Added] An option to disable splash screen on Adguard launch #490
- [Added] Warning for smartphone users about battery stats #366
- [Added] Apus Browser support #449
- [Added] Support for HTTP method REPORT #431
- [Changed] Use Origin as Referer for websocket connections #429
- [Changed] Make HTTPS whitelist, blacklist and apps exceptions available in "Low level settings" so you can easily reset it to default #457
- [Changed] Added RelayForReddit Pro to the list of browsers (you don't need premium to block ads in this app) #301
- [Changed] Improved HTML content detection #348
- [Fixed] Website can be broken because of invalid HTML inside a "noscript" tag #400
- [Fixed] Adguard ignores tag href attribute while constructing an absolute URL #401
- [Fixed] Adguard cannot detect HTML if there is an xml declaration at the document start #428
- [Fixed] Glitch with swiping Adguard from the recent apps #292
- [Fixed] Error while opening about.com #441
- [Fixed] HTML parser should not filter "data:" URLs #417
- [Fixed] AG code is injected into "noscript" tag #330
- [Fixed] Error while parsing a style tag with embedded svg (lifehacker.com issue) #373
- [Fixed] Issue with wrong stats calculated for apps listed in "pref.net.exclusions" #252
- [Fixed] Wrong Firewall traffic stats #338
- [Fixed] Fixed a bug with filtering of the apps from exceptions list #252
- [Fixed] An issue with blocking POST requests and "keep-alive" HTTP connections #332
Adguard for Windows version 6.0.226
A hotfix after last weeks release. Previously there turned out to be several problems, including router page loading problem and other. These bugs are fixed with this version.
- [Fixed] Indefinite loading of router page #1042
- [Fixed] Rare problem when Adguard crashes after clicking on tray menu icon #1045
- [Fixed] Adguard will not crash any more if you switch tabs while have active search on 'Settings' screen #1043
- [Fixed] Adguard now detects HTML correctly for all websites if there is an xml declaration at the document start #1011
Adguard for Windows version 6.0.224
Good news, everyone! We haven't seen any new bugs since the latest beta version, and it means nothing else but the new stable release is arriving. During the last couple of months that had passed since the 6.0 release we were able to track quite a lot of bugs and defects, which were crucial to fix. So we concentrated on them for a while. Finally, everything seems to be fixed and we are ready to turn on the autoupdate for all our users who still use Adgguard 5.10. We were looking forward to this moment! Even if you were already using Adguard 6 and you are not as excited by these news, you should be. This release means we can finally put all our efforts into implementing cool new features you might have or have not seen in our [roadmap]. In case you missed last beta releases and respective release notes, you can catch up and read about all the fixes and additions below. Most important of them, as usual, are described in detail.
- [Changed] Adguard uses native-style tray menu now #1006
- [Changed] Adguard window is now opened with a single click on tray menu #1030
- [Fixed] 'About' window content is not flickering anymore #954
- [Fixed] Empty strings are now removed when importing user filter #973
- [Fixed] Error previously encountered while installing a userstyle #934
- [Improved] Proxy name validator now recognizes domain names and not only IP addresses #931
- [Improved] Added $stealth modifier that disables Stealth Mode for the specified website #339 As we already mentioned in our blog, separate whitelist for Stealth Mode is on our roadmap. It is a much needed feature for anyone who actively uses Stealth Mode. We are not quite there yet, but we made a big step in the right direction by implementing $stealth modifier. It works similar to all other modifiers, just add it to any exception rule and it will disable Stealth Mode for that website specifically, even if the module itself is enabled. For example: @@||example.org^$stealth You can find more information about rules formatting on our website: [adguard.com/filterrules.html](adguard.com/filterrules.html)
- [Changed] Facebook windows app added to default filtered apps list #974
- [Changed] $replace rules should now have higher priority than other basic rules #1023
- [Fixed] Adguard does not try to filter data: URLs any more #1007
- [Fixed] $domain modifier now does work for blocking WebSocket connections #998
- [Fixed] Adguard now doesn't ignore tag href attribute while constructing absolute URL #978
- [Fixed] Error previously encountered while parsing a style tag with embedded svg #977
- [Fixed] Language-specific filters are now detected properly from users keyboard layouts #401
- [Improved] Adguard now can process websites names in punycode when adding them to HTTPS exclusions #962
Languages and Translations
- [Added] Support for complex language codes #808 We have completely reworked applications localization system. This allowed us to significantly increase number of languages we can potentially support (this mostly concerns various dialects, alternative alphabets etc.).
- [Added] Croatian language
- [Improved] HTML content detection #855 Content type detection was significantly improved. This effectively means that Adguard will not interfere with those types of traffic which do not require filtering, decreasing the number of potential conflicts.
- [Fixed] Web interface of TP-Link router is broken #844 Some of our users encountered problems with accessing TP-Link routers' interface with enabled Adguard. Upon investigating this issue we discovered a serious issue with WFP driver which resulted in problems with displaying some websites. As a result, we have improved communication with some specific web-servers.
- [Added] Support for HTTP method REPORT #1020
- [Fixed] Adguard can now detect HTML if there is an xml declaration at the document start #1011
- [Fixed] ESET compatibility issue when Chrome browser would randomly hang #899
- [Fixed] Data is now read to end after blocking a POST request #916
- [Fixed] Issue with unexpected connection reset with TDI driver #1025
- [Fixed] Blank dialog while updating from 5.10 to 6.0 #924
- [Fixed] CMD window is no more shown on Adguard update #935
- [Fixed] An issue when update errors were shown as valid updates in tray notification #993
- [Fixed] Adguard now detects Chrome in 'Filtered apps' on Windows 10 insider build #972
Adguard for Windows version 6.0.204
[Fixed] Issues in Windows 10 Insider Preview build caused by SHA-1 certificate used for network drivers. https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/915
Let us elaborate a little on this one, since this change stands out as the most important one in this update. Recently we have noticed, with the help of our beta testers, that SHA-1 certificate previously used to sign our network drivers, was in a process of being deprecated. Effectively this means that users of Windows 10 Insider Preview were not able to enable Adguard protection. We have signed our network drivers with new certificates, and now all users will be able to run Adguard without any problems.
- [Fixed] 'Upgrade license' notification is no more shown for licenses activated with beta key https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/905
- [Fixed] Bug when some apps wouldn't show among 'filtered apps' until they are started https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/913
- [Fixed] Latest update check time is not being updated https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/862
- [Fixed] Pressing Alt-F4 while in Adguard tray menu will no longer result in closing the main window https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/900
- [Fixed] K-Meleon browser is now correctly detected as installed https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/894
- [Fixed] Unnecessary language-specific filter activation https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/863
- [Fixed] WebRTC will no more be blocked for applications which are not in the Filtered Apps list https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/871
- [Improved] Default HTTPs exclusions list was significantly updated https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/912
- [Changed] Auto update mechanism https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/835
- [Fixed] Adguard beta won't update after clicking on 'Install' button in 'About' section https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/648
- [Fixed] MSI shows "remove settings" dialog on uninstall. https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/858
- [Fixed] WFP driver is now uninstalled correctly on Win 10 x64 https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/854
Languages and translations
- [Fixed] "User filter" is not translated to Polish https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/824
- [Fixed] AG code is no more injected into <"noscript"> https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/907
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/883, https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/852, https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/839, https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/873, https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/868, https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/851, https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/898, https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/848
Adguard for Mac version 1.2.0
This new version brings a lot of very important changes to Adguard for Mac. Most viable changes are: $replace modifier and security improvements.
- [Added] New localizations: Serbian (Latin), German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional, Armenian, Turkish, Korean, Indonesian, Hungarian. #50
- [Added] User warnings in case HTTP proxy mode fails to start. #22
- [Changed] Assistant requests are now excluded from 'Filtering log'. #4
- [Changed] Now clicking on Adguard icon in status bar brings opened Adguard windows to front and makes them active. #33
- [Fixed] Error previously led to inability to change HTTP proxy port with HTTP proxy mode enabled. #42
- [Fixed] Lack of explanation text in the 'Enter email address' text field. #44
- [Added] $genericblock rule modifier. #16
- [Added] $generichide rule modifier. #15
- [Added] $replace modifier for basic rules #38
- [Changed] Now $popup rules modifier is also applied to server redirect responses. #49
- [Changed] Now status 500 is always returned for blocked requests. #35
- [Changed] User filter is now loaded last, after all other filters are loaded. #41
- [Fixed] Error in css-inject rules. #7
- [Fixed] Error in finding the elements path on a page for HTML filtering rules. #17
- [Fixed] Error in HTML filtering rules – previously empty elements were never removed. #29
- [Fixed] Improved processing of rules with $popup modifier. #25
- [Fixed] Modifiers for the whitelist rules now work while filtering content. #57
- [Fixed] Now $elemhide rule modifier is applied only to HTML pages. #14
- [Fixed] Problem with basic rules being treated as rules with $popup modifier. #34
- [Fixed] Template modifier * in rules now takes into account line break symbols. #40
- [Fixed] Third-party requests filtering error. #6
- [Changed] Adguard automatically stops filtering of the websites with client certificate authorization. #2
- [Changed] Browser cache is now suppressed for a short period of time after filtering startup. #53
- [Changed] For all modern browsers SHA1 certificates were deprecated. #46
- [Changed] Port Adguard accepts connections on. #5
- [Changed] Updated default list of SSL exceptions. #3
- [Fixed] Problem when Adguard caused browser to freeze. #37
- [Changed] A method of domain check with Browsing Security module. Requests privacy was improved. #8
- [Improved] Compatibility with sites that use the Content-Security-Policy mechanism. #58
- [Fixed] Blocking of Google Chrome Rapportive extension for Gmail. #30
- [Fixed] Problem when Adguard extension for Google Chrome couldn't see triggered $genericblock rules. Integration mode works correctly now. #39
- [Fixed] Safari inability to connect to some websites with IPv6 network configuration. #10
Adguard for Windows version 6.0.189
A new update to the recently released Adguard 6 is available. It mostly contains fixes to some minor bugs we missed during the beta test. You are able to update to the latest version from your client.
- [Fixed] WFP driver now can be used on Windows 7 x86 https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/850
- [Changed] 'Thank you' page removed from Adguard https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/842
- [Fixed] Validation of Parental Control whitelist/blacklist domains is now working correctly https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/830
- [Fixed] Reset settings windows title now has a name separate from its description https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/826
- [Fixed] "User filter" translations are fixed and completed https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/824
- [Fixed] Bug encountered when setting TDI driver as default on Windows 7 https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/788
- [Improved] Tools for problem monitoring during installation process https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/832
Adguard for Windows version 6.0.188
It is finally time to release Adguard 6! We have put a lot of time and effort into its development, and you will see this reflected in the release notes. A lot was added, even more was improved compared to Adguard 5. New version became much more intuitive in use, functional and diverse.
- Adguard user interface was completely redesigned. It will now have modern tile design. Compared to Adguard 5, it is much better structurized and more visually attractive.
- Adguard was translated into many new languages. That includes UI, Adguard Assistant and filter descriptions etc.
- Window positions are now memorized and restored after program restart.
- Tray menu is reworked, improved accessibility of different options through tray.
- New versions interface is much more friendly to people with visual impairment. For example, now Windows screen reader sees almost all the elements of the program – tips, tuning, and more.
- UI performance and boot speed were significantly optimized, memory consumption was greatly reduced. You can find respective graphs in blog (see the link below).
- Now with the first launch of Adguard a tutorial will be shown, familiarizing user with Adguard and quickly introducing its capabilities.
- Updating to new version from Adguard 5 is now possible and will not lose any settings.
- New possibility to change update channel to 'Beta' and receive all beta updates, including Assistant and other extensions. Useful for those, who wants to always be the first to know about all the new features.
- A new module was added - Stealth Mode. Back in previous versions we only had a filter against spyware, counters and trackers to protect your online privacy. Stealth Mode serves to protect your online privacy in various ways, including blocking of third-party cookies, hiding IP address and many, many more.
- Improved support for filtered apps. Adguard now automatically finds software installed on your computer and offers to filter its traffic, this includes modern UI applications. Of course, you still can add any browser (or any app) manually. The mechanism for adding new applications to Adguard itself is completely redesigned too, and now it is easy for any user to cope with it.
- Filter editor and Filtering log were drastically changed. You will find both fresh design and improved functionality. In the Filter editor, you can see the rules created by the Adguard Assistant, that is, all the rules that you added manually. Filtering Log displays all the requests sent.
- You can now use new search feature to search the whole program for any keyword by entering it in the text field in the top right corner. We believe this is one of the most useful innovations. Now you do not have to go through the entire section of the program in search for the information you need.
- Now it is possible to subscribe to any filter by URL or by choosing path to a local file, and Adguard will automatically watch for changes.
- Extensions were allocated to a separate module which can be enabled/disabled as a whole.
- Userscripts security was significantly improved.
- Plentiful additions and improvements to filtering process were made, notably introducing support for new rules modifiers and improving filtering speed.
- Many more improvements, all of which are impossible to include in these release notes.
You can read about new version in detail in our blog: https://blog.adguard.com/en/adguard-news/adguard-6-official-release.html
Adguard for Android version 2.1.359
[Added] Added popular filter subscriptions: #0
List of added filter subscriptions:
* EasyList China
* EasyList Czech and Slovak
* EasyList Hebrew
* EasyList Italy
* Liste AR
* Liste FR
* ABP Japanese Filters
* Adblock polskie reguły
[Added] $generichide modifier support: #4
[Added] $genericblock modifier support: #3
[Changed] Use keyboard settings to detect default language-specific filters: #0
[Changed] Improved $popup rules: #7
[Fixed] A bug with HTML filtering rules - void elements never removed: #4
[Fixed] An issue with "base url": #2
[Fixed] Rules with $elemhide modifier now applied to "Documents" only: #1
[Added] New "Notification Icon" setting option: "Notification without icon": #2
So now we now have 4 options:
1. Default icon. Icon and notification are always visible.
2. Colored icon (only in Android 4.X). Icon and notification are always visible.
3. Notification without icon. Icon is not visible. Permanent notification is visible, but it has low priority, so it is semi-transparent and placed below all other notifications.
4 None. No icon, no notification.
[Changed] Make "Protection paused" a permanent notification: #1
This change should help with #3. When Adguard pauses protection, sometimes Android may kill it's process and then do not bring it back.
[Changed] Add a description text for each filter: #9
[Changed] Change Mb to MB in firewall data statistics: #0
[Changed] "Protection paused" notification should not have high priority in Android 4.X: #5
[Changed] Changed the way Adguard checks domain: #2
[Changed] Adguard now checks if IP address is reachable before redirecting connection to a proxy: #7
[Fixed] Crash when system call is interrupted: #0
[Fixed] "Filter DNS requests" feature does not work with mobile connection: #1
We have improved "Filter DNS requests" feature, now it is much more reliable and works for both Wi-Fi and Mobile connection. This feature may drastically improve the battery usage, so I recommend trying it.
Languages and translations
[Changed] Add Link Bubble Browser to the browsers list: #7
[Fixed] Tethering/hotspot is falsely detected (MIUI, Zenfone2): #8
[Fixed] Fixed an issue with filtering Boat Browser and Dolphin Browser with add-ons installed: #7
[Fixed] Viber app compatiblity issues: #0
[Fixed] Added Firefox Nightly to the browsers list: #6
[Fixed] Added RT Software Studio's Download Manager to the browsers list: #9
[Fixed] Added Yandex Browser Alpha to the browsers list: #8
[Fixed] Periscope app incompatibility: #5
[Fixed] Add sberbank app to net exclusions: #9
[Changed] Compress request body when sending request to support: #6
[Changed] Improve release notes layout: #0
[Fixed] Add sberbank app to net exclusions: #9
[Fixed] Adguard breaks WebSocket protocol: #8
[Fixed] Adguard requests to a backend server has wrong User-Agent field: #1
[Fixed] Always return status=500 for blocked requests: #6
[Fixed] BOOT_COMPLETED Intent is not received at “Restart” or “Reboot”: #3
[Fixed] Critical Error: Deadlock caused by slow write operations #8
[Fixed] Download or upload of large files may be broken: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: #4
[Fixed] Foreground check does not work in Android 5.1.1+: #4
[Fixed] Random timeout error while downloading large files: #5
[Fixed] T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling issue: #3
[Fixed] UDP connection may be closed before it is actually established: #5
[Fixed] Wi-Fi direct does not work with Adguard on Samsung devices: #7
[Fixed] Wildcard's "*" character does not match a new line: #3
Adguard for Android version 2.1.267
Patch for Adguard 2.1. This patch fixes a few major bugs discovered in the previous release.
- [Added] New low-level setting "pref.net.exclusions". Allows to change the list of apps for which network filtering is disabled.
- [Fixed] Problem with filtering stuck at detecting filtered app.
- [Fixed] Cannot download file larger than 2Gb.
- [Fixed] [Critical] Wakelock when there are semi-closed connections.
- [Fixed] Compatibility issue with My JDownloader.
- [Fixed] App crash while checking if app is in foreground.
- [Fixed] Disabled update check for Amazon build.
Adguard for Android version 2.1.240
Multiple TCP stack improvements:Previously there were problems with downloading large files, especially from Google Play. It is not the case anymore, you don't have to disable Adguard just to update your favorite app or download a new game.
Overall performance improvement:With recent changes Adguard has become faster, more stable and less resourse consuming. It was possible due to optimization of several 'bottleneck' situations.
- Moved firewall icons-cache to Cache folder to be able to clear it from app settings
- Fixed unnecessary restart of protection in Proxy mode
- Proxy mode: DNS cache is now flushed on network reconnect
- Multiple GUI improvement in Low-Level Settings
- A new preference "pref.vpn.capture" added to low-level settings. If this setting is enabled, Adguard will create the special file named «tun.pcap». It contains all network packets transferred through the VPN. This file is located in the app cache directory, and can be analyzed with the Wireshark program.
- Optimized Pcap functionality in Low-Level Settings
- Update channel options are hidden for Amazon builds
- Fixed handling of HTTP CONNECT requests without Host header
- Small UI fix on Send Feedback screen
- Added new localizations: Czech, French, Turkish, Serbian, Spanish
Adguard for Android version 2.1.177
- 'Firewall' section added to settings, with an ability to disable it comletely.
- Firewall: Added an ability to temporary pause blocking for foreground application
- Added low-level settings that can help with the work in non-standard networks and custom firmware
- An option has been added to low-level configuration, which prohibits VPN pause when changing the network or disconnecting from it
- Reworked the DNS-filtering - now it should work even where external DNS are blocked
- Reworked the application life cycle: now the protection can be turned off/on without any issues
- Fixed application restart after deep sleep
- Fixed critical error that led to Adguard restart
- Fixed a mechanism for identifying modem and access point mode and showing a warning
- Fixed authorization problem in the Moscow Subway
- Fixed problem sending SMS/MMS in the AT&T network
- Fixed an issue with collecting traffic statistics
- Fixed rare problem with automatic filter updates
- Fixed an issue with firewall interface on small screens
- Added support for new browsers: Dolphin Zero, Ghostery, CM Private Browsing, Jbak Browser and more
- Exceptions added: Handcent Next SMS, Chomp SMS, FarmVille 2
- Updated German and Polish localizations
- Fixed several issues in the interface
Adguard for Mac version 1.1.0
- Added function to send a report in case of an unexpected Adguard shutdown.
- Added tutorial screen at Adguard first launch.
- Added OCSP Stapling support.
- Added localizations: Chinese (Simplified), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Slovak, Korean.
- Changed SSL connections encrypting mode to a more modern one.
- Improved root certificate and private key generation for SSL connections.
- Fixed Logjam vulnerability (now Adguard doesn't filter connections with weak keys).
- Improved mechanism of SSL connections processing.
- Significantly extended list of browsers filtered by default.
- Now, in case of its absence, Adguard automatically suggests to install root certificate into Firefox to filter HTTPS-websites.
- Improved way of root certificate installation into Mozilla-based browsers.
- Improved security of installing Adguard Assistant to web pages.
- Improved Adguard API extensions security.
- Confined access to userscripts API functions.
- Reworked installation process, now Adguard will work correctly after restoring Mac from Time Machine.
- Improved filtering rules correctness verification.
- Now Adguard system components are stored in the folder shared for all users.
- Now upon switching Mac to sleep mode, Adguard closes current network connections.
- Fixed situation when Adguard won't respond to users actions while watching a video on YouTube.
- Fixed error previously led to Adguard crash while surfing a website with incorrect HTML.
- Fixed an error previously led to rules with specific symbols being excluded from filtering process.
- Fixed an error previously led to shutdown when exiting Adguard.
Adguard for Android version 2.0.62
- Added the long-awaited firewall feature. Now it is possible to fully control the internet access of apps in different networks. The apps won’t be able to go online and send any data without you knowing. In addition, by using our firewall, you can allow some apps to go to the network only via mobile Internet, while others (for example, ones that require a lot of traffic) – only through Wi-Fi.
- Added app traffic monitoring system. You can monitor the consumption of app traffic in real time.
Adguard will show you which apps consume resources at the moment, and demonstrate the used traffic for day, month or all-time.
- Added module for blocking advertising domains by DNS (can be found in advanced settings). DNS filtering consists in Adguard intercepting requests to the DNS server, which let the program know where the particular domain is, at what IP address. If requests to the domain should be blocked, then Adguard returns the special blocking response with a lifetime of 1 hour. During this hour, the program will no longer send requests to the DNS server, so the load will be reduced accordingly.
- Added Material Design. We have switched to the Material design. Now Adguard is consistent and even more handsome :)
- Added IPv6 filtering support. This protocol may not even be supported by your provider yet, and we have already added its support in VPN mode. Just keep using Adguard as if nothing has changed.
- Implemented blocking of QUIC protocol in Google Chrome. Google servers are working based on it, and also with its help Google Chrome loads banners and text ads. At the moment, the use of this protocol gives no significant advantage to the user, therefore we decided to block this protocol.
- Added simplified filtering mode without cosmetic rules. It is useful for low-end devices limited by memory and CPU resources. Banners are also wonderfully blocked, but once they are blocked, there will be “holes” that are usually hidden by some cosmetic rules that are present in other modes of filtering.
- Added the import function for user rules lists from a file.
- Added widget for your desktop, allowing one-click control for the ad-protection.
- Added options for update channel - Beta/Release. If you plan on using latest beta updates, don't forget to check the checkbox in advanced settings.
- Fixed problem with TCP-stack when downloading large files (in Google Play, etc.).
- Remarkably redesigned UDP and TCP connections handling, which led to the load reduction and increase of concurrent connections number.
- Use of system Intents to manage the service from other programs (Tasker, etc.) is now allowed.
- Improved restarting protection after reconnecting to the network.
- Fixed problem with sending MMS through the Verizon operator.
- Fixed sending SMS for T-Mobile users.
- Added support for NoChromo, Chrome Dev, Amazon Silk.
- Added an exception for new Opera Max, you can now use it with Adguard in proxy mode.
- Added new icons for different application states. Our notifications became more vivid and informative with new icons of pause, available update, or when a conflicting app is found on the device.
- No more status bar colored icon option in Lollipop. In new Android version Google has released a new design requirements, and when we assembled Adguard for the new system while using new technologies, a color icon was “damaged” by assembly tools. Therefore, we had to abandon the colored icon in the Android Lollipop notification (5.0+).
- Redesigned interface of user lists.
- Added new languages and updated existing localization.
- Many small but important fixes.
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.2051
- Added Microsoft Edge browser support
- Improved userscripts API speed
- Fixed a bug with saving Adguard Assistant settings
- Userscripts API usage is now restricted by @grant metatag
- Fixed Adguard Assistant work in Opera 12
- Fixed certificate automatic import in Opera 12
- Fixed some issues with CSS/JS injection in the pages with invalid HTML code
- Fixed issues with SSL interceptor (connections reset for servers working with TLS 1.0 only)
- Fixed Logjam (Adguard now does not filter connections with weak DH primes)
- Fixed a bug with update cleaning Adguard's start menu folder
- Fixed SSL-filtering in old browsers (IE6, IE7)
Important notice about Logjam. We do not protect you from it, just ignore such connections. Browser decides what to do with it further. So make sure you are using the latest version of your browser.
You can discuss the latest version in our blog: here.
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.2037
- Important: Adguard extensions API is now protected from misuse
- Added notification about added and removed user rules
- Web of Trust extension is updated - fixed an issue when website could hide reputation warning
- + Added server SSL certificates revocation check (OCSP)
- Fixed compatibility issue with BitDefender and Adguard's WFP driver
- Fixed safe search for Yandex
- Minor UI fixes
You can discuss the latest version in our blog: here.
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.2025
- SSL private key is no more pinned to your computer hardware. Every clean installation you get fresh private key
- We now better handle TLS 1.2 connections
- All certs and private keys are now encrypted and stored in a single file
You can discuss the latest version in our blog.
Adguard for Android version 1.1.888
* Fixed an issue with Android killing app process in case of swiping it from recent apps
Adguard for Mac version 1.0.63
- Added TLSv1.2 support.
- Added certificate verification in HTTPS connections.
- Added Ukrainian localization.
- Chromium added to default application filtering list.
- Now automatic check for updates is enabled by default.
- Improved speed optimization.
- Removed splashscreen upon starting Adguard.
- Fixed Adguard's work with several users on the same computer.
- Fixed errors leading to incorrect filtering.
- Fixed the error when Adguard operated incorrectly upon exiting sleep mode.
- Improved security upon filtering encrypted traffic.
- Fixed FREAK vulnerability.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Improved program stability on old versions of OS X.
- Fixed several errors that could previously lead to app crash.
Adguard for Android version 1.1.887
- Improved HTTPS filtering, now we can block ads in Skype
- Optimized programs performance
- If the protection is disabled, Adguard service now turns off correctly after processing the network events
- Improved filtering speed of heavy HTML pages
- Fixed an issue with Android 4 killing Adguard after swiping task from recent
- Fixed a bug with service autostart in case of wrong events order (if we receive network event first, then boot event)
- We now use better way to exclude some apps from VPN on Lollipop
- Fixed an issue with Adguards performance on Android 4.3 SGS3
- Optimized memory consumption upon loading heavy files
- Fixed some minor compatibility issues
You can discuss the latest version in our blog: here.
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.2021
- Added Spartan browser support
- Significantly improved filtering speed of some heavy HTML pages
- Fixed possible app crash (in case of logging error)
- Fixed a bug with checking existence of AG certificate in Firefox-based browsers. Now if AG does not detect our cert it disables SSL filtering for Firefox
- Changed AG certificate generation algorithm (you may need to reinstall it to Firefox after update or to simply reboot the computer)
- Improved SSL filter, fixed FREAK vulnerability
- Fixed some minor SSL filtering bugs
- Several sites added to default SSL exclusions
- Fixed compatibility issue with latest Bitdefender version and Adguard WFP driver
- Filtering speed has been slightly improved
- Fixed Lunascape browser support
- Minor UI fixes
You can discuss the latest version in our blog: here.
Adguard for Mac version 1.0.53
World’s first standalone ad blocker for Mac OS X. New Adguard has all the features to ensure more efficient and comfortable use of the Internet:
- Ad filtering in any browser. Our ad blocker is the first to solve the problem of removing notorious video ads in Safari that other adblock solutions fail to block.
- Built-in Browsing security module provides protection from malicious and suspicious websites.
- Privacy protection function is responsible for the safety of personal data.
- Filtering Log demonstrates all the processes occurring in the program.
- Adguard Assistant is an extension that allows you to manage the program directly from the browser.
Adguard is supported in all versions of OS X from 10.7 and later.
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.2010
- Parental Control is now available for any license type including Standard and Bonus
- Fixed QUIC protocol filtering (that's a critical bug, sometimes we failed to filter Youtube because of it)
- Added filter rules validation. Now Adguard ignores rules with syntax mistakes
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.2004
- Added Vivaldi browser support
- Added support of userscripts custom menu items (GM_registerMenuCommand function). Press Shift+Alt+M to bring up list of registered menu items (if any). Examples of userscripts with their custom menu items: Youtube Center, AdsBypasser, Anti-Adblock Killer
- Added TLS v1.2 support
- Improved userscripts API
- Fixed work of several userscripts: AdsBypasser, Mouseover Popup Image Viewer, Context Menu Example (Firefox only), File Hosting Download Manager Disabler
- Fixed compatibility issue with Home Media Server, Geforce Experience, Asus Control Center
- Fixed incompatibility with ZenMate
- Fixed a bug with short-living keep-alive connections in proxy mode
- Fixed dependence on injections.adguard.com domain availability
- Fixed Adguard's network driver vulnerability
You can discuss this version in our blog.
Adguard for Android version 1.1.835
* Google Messenger app added to exclusions list.
* Fixed a bug with local network exclusion. Now local network is properly excluded on all devices. This should fix some compatibility issues: working with local FTP servers, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV, etc.
* Fixed filtering issue with websites which use Content-Security-Policy.
* Fixed an issue with proxy+automatic filtering mode on devices with kernel version 3.10.
* Fixed Adguard filtering in case of using proxy server with port 80.
* Fixed UI issue when bandwidth saved value is more than 1GB.
* Fixed Google Play Music compatibility issue.
* Fixed an issue with waiting for ROOT access on device boot.
Adguard for Android version 1.1.808
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.1190
- Fixed a bug with random SSL exclusions
- Fixed a bug with some URL filtering rules
- Fixed a bug with Adguard browser extension integration (in case if filtering is temporary disabled by Adguard Assistant)
- Added 2 domains to default SSL exclusions: eff.org and 8pecxstudios.com
- Fixed a bug with SSL filtering in case if website use DES-CBC3-SHA cipher
- Minor bugfixes
Adguard for Android version 1.1.805
+ Added limited support of HTTPS requests filtering
+ Added Ukrainian and German languages
+ Tested and optimized for Android 5.0 Lollipop
+ Added support for Naked Browser
+ Added notification icon setting
+ Added new types of filtering rules (regexp-rules)
Fixed in this version:
* Resolved compatibility issues with some apps including Telegram, Handcent SMS, Dropsync, Dropbox, Bleep, PAC Console
* Fixed bug with processing UDP traffic in VPN mode (Bleep messenger)
* Fixed some app crashes
* Fixed slow protection startup in proxy mode
* Improved CPU and battery usage
* Fixed processing of certain HTTPS requests
* Fixed problem with landscape mode on devices with low resolution screen
* Fixed possible conflicts when using the same port number with another proxy server
* Fixed an issue with processing requests to some domains with multiple A DNS-records
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.1186
- New version of Adguard network drivers
- Added Maxthon Nitro support
- Added support for Regexp-rules
- Added new API GreaseMonkey functions for better userscripts support
- Fixed an issue with a long delay when adding rules by Assistant
- Now, even when the Parental Control sensitivity level is disabled, black and white lists continue to work
- Fixed program crashes when working with tray
- When using TDI driver Teredo is no longer disabled
- Fixed bug reports in IE8
- Fixed several localization bugs
- Parental control now blocks access to unsafe sites even when the sensitivity level is disabled
Adguard for Android version 1.0.671
We are not going to stop on that and will continue the further development of Adguard. Please write us about shortcomings or send your suggestions. We are always here to help you.
Adguard for Android version 1.0.655
* Fixed an issue with HTTP/1.0 connections
* Fixed Google Chrome filtering if "Reduce data usage" is enabled and proxy mode is on
* Fixed bug with update available notification error
* Minor UI fixes
Adguard for Android version 1.0.631
+ Added unsupported browsers detection
* Fixed slow page load on some devices
* Fixed service restart issues
* Fixed lots of minor bugs
Adguard for Android version 1.0.589
+ Added new questions to FAQ
* Fixed handling of the situation when VPN is not supported
* Fixed app crash in proxy mode
* Fixed an issue with app autostart
* Minor UI fixes: added new dialog on first VPN startup
Adguard for Android version 1.0.564
* Improved filtering speed and protection initialization speed
* Fixed bug with unexpected protection shutdown (in proxy mode mostly)
* Fixed compatibility issues with Viber, Okko and Mobilism apps
* Fixed compatibility issues with Youtube and Play apps and manual proxy mode
* Improved update process in standalone app version (apk)
* Fixed lots of minor bugs
Adguard for Android version 1.0.532
* Fixed filtering of Opera Classic
* Minor UI fixes
Adguard for Android version 1.0.493
* Fixed app update
* Fixed HTTP keep-alive issue with POST requests
Adguard for Android version 1.0.481
+ Added "Errors only" logging level
* Fixed bug with Adguard start even if protection was not enabled
* Fixed major bug with HTTP keep-alive connections
* Fixed lots of minor bugs
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.1167
- Improved ad filtering
- New Adguard webpages style (pages you see when request is blocked by Browsing Security or Parental Control)
- Fixed tray menu position on PC with two displays
- Fixed extensions work on websites using custom ports
Adguard for Windows version 5.10.1164
Short list of important changes: greatly reduced memory usage, we introduced convenient addition of new ad filters, integration with WoT is now a separate extension, added support for new browsers, fixed conflicts with popular programs and defects in the processing of requests and more.
Memory usage reduction
We have significantly optimized memory usage in 5.10. Now, even if you use an old computer or a weak netbook, Adguard will work silently in a background without slowing down your device. We compared memory footprint with the one of the preceding version. And we must say 5.10 showed a result several times lower.
More ad filters
In addition, Adguard has became an even more comprehensive program. Now users can install any ad filters. What does it mean? In addition to the filters that are already installed in Adguard by default, you can add third-party ones, such as a list of filters that allow Adguard to block ads in different segments of the Internet - websites in different languages, in particular. All of this can be done directly in the program, simply by selecting a filter you want and clicking on the "Add selected" button.
Displaying the possible danger
Integration with Web of Trust is now brought out in the separate extension, which can be disabled. Also a warning when visiting a suspicious website has changed. With the help of WoT, our Adguard is able to notify you instantly about the reputation of websites and show the reasons for which the site is considered to be suspicious. "Categories of suspicion" can be, in particular: scam, potentially illegal, misleading claims or unethical, poor customer experience, privacy risks and others.
Other changes in version 5.10:
- Added support for CSS injection rules. It gives us more flexible options for high-quality elements blocking.
- Ability to edit the source code of userscripts. Now you can customize any script you like, you can find more about what it is and how to install it here.
- Updates are checked only for the enabled userscripts.Thus we update only those scripts that you actually use. Why spend the extra traffic?
- Extensions that do not use external resources are returned to the "default." Now you have the opportunity to reset the extensions and return websites to their original state.
- Added a configuration of exceptions for secure (HTTPS) sites filtering. Adding https websites to exceptions in order for Adguard to not filter it, used to be impossible.
- Increased time of filter updates up to 12 hours. Yeah, longer but of better quality.
- Speeded up the work of extensions (including Youtube Center). Userscripts do not slow down websites now.
Fixed in new version:
- Fixed conflicts with Visual Studio, Tor Browser, Keepass.
- Fixed slow loading of large js files.
- Assistant no longer interferes in work of RequireJs websites.
- Updated network drivers, fixed some small remarks.
- Fixed a defect with the processing of HTTP DELETE requests.
- Fixed work of Twitch Chat Filter userscript.
- Fixed a bug when using proxy authorization.
- Fixed compatibility error of vk.com and Parental Control.
- Fixed a defect with disabling Adguard assistant via the context menu.
- Fixed some minor defects of Adguard assistant.
- Speeded up filtering of some pages (fixed problem with octane-benchmark.googlecode.com).
- Fixed API for usercripts (thanks to YoutubeCenter developer, Jeppe Rune Mortensen).
- Fixed rules with the "~third-party" modifier.
- New versions of TDI and WFP drivers. Fixed some compatibility issues.
- Minor changes to the texts in the user interface.
Adguard for Windows version 5.9.1081
Version 5.9 brings a large number of changes to Adguard.
In version 5.9, there is an opportunity to install extensions (userscripts). They are designed to extend the functionality of websites. How exactly will the functionality be extended depends on the particular userscript. This can be a pop-up blocking, blocking of flash requests, possibility to download music and video from social networks and much more.
You can learn more from this post in our blog.
Improved video ads blocking
In this version, Adguard learned to recognize most of the video ads on its own without relying on filter databases.
During the existence of the program, we have received many requests from our users about implementing the "Parental Control" in it. Many parents found Adguard helpful, because when using it the child didn’t see inappropriate advertising.
Finally, in the version 5.9 we are ready to introduce “Parental Control” - a separate module of the program.
You can learn more from this article.
Fixed and improved in this version
- Fixed a problem with high load on the CPU and memory consumption when downloading large files
- Fixed a problem with the occasional lack of HTTPS-connections filtering in Firefox and Opera
- Fixed a problem with high load on the CPU and disk on system startup
- Optimized and speeded up the work of Adguard Assistant
- Added support for rocket-script filtering
- Fixed Adguard compatibility issue with Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 for Windows 8.1 x64
Adguard for Windows version 5.8.1008
+ Improved initial setup wizard
+ Added "useful ads" filter
+ Tor browser support
What has been improved or fixed in version 5.8:
* Protection level setting is removed
* Fixed some minor compatibility issues
* Improved filtered pages source code readability
Adguard for Windows version 5.7.996
+ A more perfect way for filtration with a new network driver
Adguard now uses a network driver instead of an old filtering module.
This helped us greatly with fixing all existing compatibility issues with other software products.
In addition, it accelerates filtration and allows Adguard to filter secure connections.
+ The following compatibility issues have been fixed in Adguard 5.7:
Internet Download Manager (video downloading issues)
DrWeb (proper filtration was dependent on the installation order)
Panda Antivirus (filtration was not possible)
+ Added support for secure connections filtration (https connections)
Now Adguard can filter secured connections if you enable it in the network settings.
+ Added first run wizard
What has been improved or fixed in version 5.7:
* Fixed "Connection error" that occurred if the Adguard windows service started too slow
* Fixed Google Chrome filtration issues
* Fixed some Adguard Assistant issues
* GUI performance and responsiveness to user actions have been improved
* Fixed icon for Pale Moon in the browsers settings
Adguard for Windows version 5.6.864
+ Completely new Adguard Assistant module
+ Automatic program updates
+ Adguard is divided into windows-service and GUI-client
+ Web Of Trust integration – know which websites to trust
+ Improved browsing security module
+ New filtration module for Windows 8 Modern UI applications
- Some websites rendering problems
- Slow browsing security module updates
Adguard for Windows version 5.5.500
+ QT Web browser support
+ Sleipnir browser support
+ Extended logging
+ Filtration is enabled on big range of ports (not only 80)
+ In proxy mode Adguard automatically set system settings
* Problem with no filtration of some ports
* Conflict with ESET ssl filtration
* Errors with HTTPS websites in Opera browser
* Problem with Opera's periodical slowdown
* Opera Link problem
* Some problems with flash games
* Maxthon favourites synchronization problem
* Errors that occurred while loading some pages
* Some minor fixes
Adguard for Windows version 5.4.425
+ Completely resolved the filtration speed issues
+ Simple SSL-traffic filtering
+ New network filtering algorythm
+ Extended filter rules
+ Waterfox browser support
- Fixed the problem with the synchronization of bookmarks in Maxthon with an active protection
- Fixed displaying issues with some of the web-sites: wix.com, pandawill.com, rakill.daportfolio.com & etc
- Small bugfixes and optimizations
Adguard for Windows version 5.3.343
+ Automatic detection of the suitable filters
+ Japanese language and filter
+ German language and filter
+ Spanish language and filter
+ Portuguese language and filter
+ Dutch filter
* Problem with very slow first request (just after Adguard has been started)
* Increased filtration speed
* Minor bug fixes
Adguard for Windows version 5.2.283
+ A completely reworked user interface with multilingual support
+ Added an experimental filter based on Collective Intelligence, a system that continuously collects and analyzes submissions from the community of Adguard users around the world
+ Now supports even more browsers: Palemoon, Nichrome, Yandex.Internet
+ Added ability to save user settings on uninstall
+ Added German filter
+ Added Windows 8 support
+ Ad Blocker and Browsing Security modules now keep their states between restarts
+ Users are now able to report false positive alarms in support section
+ The official site has moved to http://adguard.com/
* Improved the filtration speed
* Fixed critical flaws of the previous version
* Fixed compatibility problems with third parties software
* Fixed behavior of the “Skip” button in the messages about the new versions
* Fixed encoding errors on some websites
* Fixed positioning problems for the cases when system’s font is increased
* Minor bug fixes
Adguard for Windows version 4.2.2
* Web pages loading speed
* Filters updating speed
New features of Adguard assistant:
* Can block almost any element selected on the webpage (in all modern browsers)
* Fixed some minor bugs
* Add new function: "Undo last added rule"
Adguard for Windows version 4.2.1
* Handling redirects and cached responses
* Storing phishing and malware data, db is much smaller now
* Problem with determining web page encoding when HTML is invalid
* Problem with parsing some scripts
* Minor UI fixes
Adguard for Windows version 4.2.0
+ Phishing and malware protection. Includes multiple filters:
+ Adguard phishing and malware filters
+ Google Safe Browsing phishing and malware filters
+ 64-bit browsers support
+ Improved traffic filtering
+ Improved edit subscriptions dialog
* Problem with CSS-rules in Internet Explorer 9
* Some problems with adguard assistant in Opera and Internet Explorer
* Problem with adding empty rule to "My Filter"
* Some minor UI fixes
Adguard for Windows version 4.1.9
+ Multi-user environment support
+ Checkbox for enabling/disabling My Filter rules
+ "Ignore this version" button in update dialog
+ Possibility to send system diagnostics report to our support service
* Problems with several flash games and applications
* Improved support section of the program
* Problems with encoding of depositfiles.com in Firefox
* Minor fixes in html parser
Adguard for Windows version 4.1.8
+ Filters subscription mechanism
+ Added "Advanced settings" section
+ "Reset key" button
* Speeded up application startup
* Some "Adguard assistant" bugs
* Some popup blocker bugs
* Fixed problem with using local proxy servers
Adguard for Windows version 4.1.6
+ Mozilla Firefox 4 Beta support
+ New filter rule wizard
+ MyIE browser support
+ Possibility to reset statistics (from the context menu)
+ Possibility to reset license key
+ Optimized "Support" section of Adguard window
* Minor UI fixes
* Minor parser fixes
Adguard for Windows version 4.1.5
+ Orca browser support
* Working through SSL in case of using external proxy server
* Some minor fixes
Adguard for Windows version 4.1.4
+ Export and import of the user filter
* Problem with Opera with enabled Expect100Continue configuration setting
* Uploading of big files
* Optimized "Log" section work
Adguard for Windows version 4.1.0
+ "Adguard assistant" allowing user to add complex filter rules
+ Optimized filtration speed
+ Added support of five browsers: Flock, SRWare Iron, Lunascape, K-Meleon, GreenBrowser
+ Optimized HTML filtration rules
+ New options for exception rules
+ Added "Connection: keep-alive" http header support
+ Added bandwith saved counter
+ Added tooltips for Adguard window elements
* Problems in Adguard work in case of serveral users
* Problems with chats (continious iframe)
* Optimized filter rules for blocking social networks widgets and spyware
* Problems with NTLM authorization
Adguard for Windows version 4.0.5
+ Blocking social networks widgets and spyware
+ New options for filtering HTML content
* Problem with Windows Media Player browser plugin
* Problem with loading images in Internet Explorer
Adguard for Windows version 4.0.4
+ "Filters" section. Enabling/disabling of the standard filter.
+ Possibility to create your own filter rules
+ "Log" section
+ Optimized filtration speed
+ Blocking banners of standard sizes
+ Program files are signed with code certificate
* Problem with using online radio
* Problem with applications on the facebook.com
* Problem with Adguard application in case of sereral Windows users
* Problem with opening several sites in Opera browser
Adguard for Windows version 4.0.3
+ Adguard filtration speed up
* Problem with uploading big files
* Problem with bing.com
Adguard for Windows version 4.0.2
* Error with deposifiles.com in Mozilla Firefox
+ Adguard is now automatically activated after purchasing the license key (you just need to restart it)
Adguard for Windows version 4.0.1
* problem with Internet Explorer
* problem with UAC in Vista/7
* problem with working through proxy server
* error rendering sitez compressed with x-gzip in Opera
+ program rendering speed up
+ feedback form on the "Protection" section of Adguard
Adguard for Windows version 4.0.0
New attractive design. Better filters database.
Added two new blocking methods:
* Element hiding
* Filtering HTML content on the fly
Computer does not need to be restarted after