A free lite version of Adguard for Google Chrome
We’ve got tons of messages asking us to make Adguard free. So we’ve decied to create a free lite version of Adguard for Google Chrome and keep as much functionality as possible. And today we are proud to present you the result of our hard work — Adguard extension.
A few words about some of it features:
- Blocks advertisements from Web pages and pop-up windows
- Protects from visiting phishing or malware websites
- Prevents advertising networks and online analytics nodes from tracking your activities online as they tend to do.
How it differs from the full version of Adguard:
- Capabilities of extension are limited by browser specifics: - Extension can’t remove the ad code before loading of web page into browser.
- An additional post-processing step is required for hiding ads. This can reduce the speed of page rendering and cause the noticeable “blinking” of a page.
- Some ads can’t be blocked due to tech specs of extension.
- Limited protection against phishing and malicious pages: - Due to the restrictions imposed on the extension, the page is loaded prior to being checked, therefore, the possibility of phishing and virus attacks is not completely eliminated.
- Checking is done only for the page you are going to whereas in the full version of Adguard, all links from which something is loaded get checked.
- The extension is compatible only with Google Chrome.
- We do not provide technical support for the extension but you can find answers to all of your inquiries on our forum.