Adguard Browser Extension v2.5.8
With new Adguard for Android just released, and Windows version coming very soon, we managed to squeeze in Adguard Browser Extension update. Read on to figure out what's new.
It is not too flashy, as we mostly focused on bug fixing. Having that said, some of those fixes are rather big. Overall, new version will be more stable and smooth.
- [Fixed] CSP change is not applied to iframes #440
- [Fixed] "Allow search ads and websites' self-promotion" option doesn't work in Chromium extension #471
[Added] Version of Firefox extension with JS support #388
- [Fixed] Web-sockets are not blocked on some websites in Firefox and Edge #416
- [Fixed] Issues on Firefox add-on update #380
- [Fixed] Adguard can't be installed on Firefox Nightly 53.0a1 #443
- [Fixed] Firefox with Adguard consumes lots of Memory #449
- [Fixed] Frame scripts aren't executed properly on browser's first run #446
- [Fixed] Invalid rule has blocked access to all websites #406
- [Fixed] Safari extension does not fully support $generichide rules #437
- [Fixed] Content Blocker css-display-none rules aren't applied when you open a website for the first time #153
[Added] $important modifier #402
This new modifier is mostly for custom filtering rules enthusiasts and filter developers. In a word, this modifier allows to give certain rules higher priority over other rules, resulting in better filtering in some cases.
- [Fixed] Content Security Policy excessive blocking #385
- [Fixed] Some symbols are displayed in a different font #387
- [Fixed] Bug in set[Restricted|Permitted]Domains method #391
- [Fixed] Filter rule text box is now editable #331
- [Fixed] Rule constructor ignores element id #445
- [Fixed] Amazon page blinking issue #400
- [Fixed] Ad blocking on forum.adguard.com can't be disabled #448
- [Fixed] Changed the way url/referrer for frames is checked #444
- [Fixed] Big frames (like youtube frames) do not pre-collapse any more #467
- [Fixed] tvcast.naver.com issue #408
- [Fixed] igrul-ka.ru issue #373
- [Improved] "ExtendedCss" module upgraded to v1.0.6 #410
- [Improved] A token/shortcut extracted from simple regex rules #332
- [Improved] New filters server is used instead of AG backend #415
- [Improved] Adguard styles are protected from removing #320
- [Improved] "elementCollapser" is extracted to a separate file #366
Needs to be added that new version might not be available at Mozilla add-ons store, Opera store and Safari Extensions Gallery yet. It is due to the necessary review process that will inevitably take some time. But don't be upset, you can still download the extension directly from our GitHub repository.
Leave your comments below, share your thoughts on the new version and suggestions for the next one!