AdGuard for Mac v1.4.0
The Christmas came early this year for Adguard for Mac users - a new version comes out today :)
It significantly improves ad blocking, namely introducing Extended CSS support and several new modifiers. Networking and UI have undergone some fixing and tweaking too, so Adguard will become more stable and easy in use.
[Added] Extended CSS support #109, #120
This is a very important addition in terms of future (and present) possibilities that it opens for ad blocking. Extended CSS is a module for applying CSS styles with extended selection properties. Basically, it means that we will be able to select and, therefore, block some elements that we would not be able to block otherwise. Notably, this concerns such things as 'Sponsored posts' on Facebook.
[Added] $important modifier #132
This new addition is an significant one, but mostly relevant for creators of custom filter rules. With it's help you can give certain rules higher priority.
- [Added] $websocket modifier #131
- [Changed] Updated default HTTPS exclusions list #124
- [Fixed] $empty modifier behaviour #108, #143
- [Fixed] Latin extended symbol in a filter rule interferes with filtering #134
- [Fixed] $replace rule can't be applied along with the other rules #133
- [Changed] HTTPS is now used for safebrowsing requests #148
- [Changed] WoSign and StartCom certificates are now distrusted #141
- [Changed] New separate server is used now for filter updates #139
- [Fixed] Kernel panic issue #106
- [Fixed] Inability to apply inline style #142
- [Fixed] Excessive CPU load #135
- [Fixed] Safebrowsing check algorithm #148
- [Fixed] Unknown pseudo class error #154
- [Fixed] $replace rules break content charset #147
- [Fixed] Adguard compatibility with Opera built-in VPN #123, #130
- [Fixed] Adguard blocks the page from loading if /etc/hosts has incorrect records #111
- [Improved] Content injection algorithm #119
- [Improved] Adguard styles are now protected from removal #149
- [Added] Hotkeys for filters management #9, #128
- [Changed] "Check filter updates" action moved to settings menu #116
- [Changed] CMD+Backspace key combination can now be used to delete filters from the filter list #9
- [Fixed] Incorrect filter is displayed in "Filtering Log" #129
- [Fixed] $replace rules are now displayed correctly in the filtering log #150
- [Improved] Allowed pasting mulitple rules at once in filter area #126
Have you already updated to the new version? Let us know about your experience with it in the comments below!